BEEDE WASTE OIL SUPERFUND SITE
Project Update – Upcoming Site Activities
Thermal and MOM Groundwater Treatment Facility operations continues with worker safety procedures in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Upcoming Work Includes:
- Operate and maintain the three LNAPL belt skimmers.
- Conduct Kelly Brook observation events at the seven observation stations.
- Conduct LNAPL measurements and removal using bailers, and/or absorbent socks, and other LNAPL-related activities in select wells/ manholes.
- Conduct subsurface temperature monitoring at select locations within the Phase 2 thermal and lower landfill areas.
- Continue to operate post-thermal pumping system.
- Scheduling of dead tree removal.
- Evaluate options for improved electrical surge protection for the treatment system control panel.
- Occasional delivery trucks, waste removal services, and personal vehicles onsite and through the 221 Main Street entrance.
- Occasional noise from diesel engines and delivery trucks, construction equipment, and noise from back-up alarms.
- Noise of tree removal equipment, pending mobilization of tree removal contractor.