FRIDAY, JULY 10, 2020
The Beede Site Group Wildlife Habitat Council certification period expires in December 2020 and the Beede Site Group will submit the recertification application in July 2020.
The Wildlife Habitat Council (WHC) is a nonprofit, non-lobbying organization dedicated to increasing the quality and amount of wildlife habitat on corporate, private and public lands.
WHC devotes its resources to building partnerships with corporations and conservation groups to create solutions that balance the demands of economic growth with the requirements of a healthy, biodiverse and sustainable environment.
WHC-assisted wildlife habitat and conservation education programs are found in 45 states, the District of Columbia and twelve other countries.
The 2020-2021 re-certification application will expand and enhance our existing conservation work through the following efforts:
- Affixing wood duck nesting boxes along Kelley Brook by the property;
- Installing insect hives to facilitate the native pollinators;
- Expanding our turtle observation program;
- Developing an invasive vegetative species identification and removal program; and
- Installing game cameras to track animal movements through the property.
In spring 2020, the newly-installed wildlife cameras began capturing movements from several species, including deer, bobcat, coyote, and turkeys, while the nesting boxes quickly became home to a young duck family.